What type of cameras do you use?
I shoot with Professional Nikon Digital bodies and lenses.
What are your prices?
Check out the Investment Page for basic info and if you want more, contact me for full pricing information!
How long have you been doing photography?
I received my first digital camera in 2004 and have pretty much shot everything I could since then. I also have a degree in photography, business, and family studies and human development.
What do you love about photography?
I love getting the chance to freeze a moment in time. I want people to realize how beautiful they really are when they see my photos of them. I love getting the opportunity to share joy with others through art.
What do I get when I hire you for portraits?
You will get a one to two hour shoot at the location of your choice. Sessions typically yield 30-60 finished images. After the shoot, you will receive a link to your online proofing album with all of the images that have been color corrected.
What is the online proofing?
Through online proofing, I will post all of the images online in a special album that can be password protected. From the online album, you can view all photos, order prints, albums and photo CDs. Everyone will have the option to get the CD with images that can be printed anywhere or you can order them through me and I’ll send the orders out to a professional printing lab who make high-quality prints on various types of paper (lustre, metallic).Full editing is done on all photos ordered for printing.
What should I do before or during my portrait session?
- Get a good night’s sleep the night before. Nobody wants dark circles under their eyes for portraits.
- Try on all of your outfits to make sure they still fit. Look at yourself from all angles to make sure everything you want covered is covered, etc.
- Brush your teeth! This is something people often forget.
- Have a good attitude and have fun. If there’s anything specific you want to do, tell me.
- Bring some chap stick or lip gloss. It definitely adds to the look.
Feel free to email me at allison [at] allisonbessblog [dot] com with any other questions you may have!