I love monsoon season.
Scottsdale, Arizona Wedding & Portrait Photography. Allison creates modern images that her clients will love for a lifetime.
Monthly Archives: August 2010
Ok so if you’ve been following my blog, you know about my list of. So far, I love this list. My brain can be scattered sometimes and writing down tangible goals really helps me get what I want out of life!
I took a weekday road trip to Flagstaff (goal number 1) to go to Cardinals training camp since I had never been before and part of that wonderful plan included waking up at 5am to drive there…which means I got to cross see the sun rise and set in the same day off my list! (goal number 2)
It was a great day and I ended up meeting a few of the players which was really fun. I like them all but I’ve got to admit my three favs are Larry Fitzgerald (who doesn’t love him?!) Jason Wright, and Darnell Dockett (mainly because I’ve kind of “gotten to know him” through his twitter and because he rocks at defense.) Can’t wait for this season, but Kurt Warner is greatly missed already!!
Why don’t you go out and make a list of goals of your own?? The feeling you get from crossing one off is great. :)
Proof that I was actually awake before the sun:
My shirt with all of the signatures from the day :) Now I just need Fitz and Dockett to sign it! (and maybe Beanie Wells and Hightower too)
Finally the sunset on the way home! There was also a big double rainbow but it was really hard to get a photo of it from the passenger seat on the freeway.
I’ve decided to start a new monthly feature on the blog called “A Day in the Life.” Every month, on the ninth day of the month, I’ll take nine photos of what happened in my day and what I did. No matter how boring or exciting my day is, I’m hoping that you’ll get to know me a bit better by getting a glimpse into my life. This is also just as much for me as it is for my readers. I’ve never been good at keeping written journals so I’m hoping this can be a little photo journal for me to look back on one day and remember what my days were like.
I hope you like this little glimpse of what it’s like to be me. :)
1. I started out my day with the most scrumptious Ecce Panis foccacia rolls ever. Yum.
2. Drove out to apply for a job with a second company to be a respite caregiver.
3. Got motivated to work with some Vitamin Water! My favorite flavor is XXX, but we were out. :(
4. I am in Spanish for summer school and every Monday I dread the HOURS it takes for me to do my homework.
5. I got my new macro lens this weekend and I was playing around with it for a little while today. Can’t wait to use it at this Fall’s weddings!
6. Started on my second biz book of the month, The E-Myth Revisited. I’ve started it twice before but I’m really going to finish this time!
7. My fav pizza is from Domino’s – cheese with pineapples. I’m allergic to pineapples normally but not these for some reason!
8. I was super excited to get new chip clips for my apartment because I’ve been using small paperclips for way too long.
9. A late-night quick snapshot of where I had to spend most of my day! Thankfully I had a little lap buddy :)
Today wasn’t the most exciting of days, but it was part of my life so I will embrace it for all of its worth!